Engine Masters - 3" single vs 2.5" dual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PlayingwithTBI, in post #2 you say you had a chambered and then installed a Bolra muffler on your truck, do you have a video or audio off truck running with both on it? like before and after?
No, sorry. I really don't do YouTube or videos for that matter.

Also what high flow cat and what cam?
I have a Thunderbolt 3 Cat from Amazon but, it looks like it's NLA. Here's one about the same size.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I have the Summit Racing 162108 aluminum heads, a Lunati Voodoo 10120700LK flat tappet cam with Proform 1.6 full roller rockers giving me .466/.484" lift, 207/213° @ 0.050" (a little more duration with 1.6 ratio)

When I built this, I was planning on passing emissions so, I could always go down to 1.5 rockers and de-tune it a little to make it work. Now, I'm exempt with Historic Plate and Collector Car insurance. It turns out I could have gone roller cam since my block has the bosses for the spider and drilled for the cam plate - perhaps some day...

95 Truck

Reaction score
I have pretty much the same cam but a roller, pretty much the same build as yours. I have seen your post on Gearhead EFI and Hotrodders web sites as well, I plan to install my engine finally this winter. I have a wide band o2 sensor read to install to help with tuning.

Question how does the Borla sound is it a deep rumble or the the high pitch rap rap rap. I don't except a loop loop loop sound, but i do like the deep tone better.
Its always fun when they sound cool. Also how is the sound inside the truck?

My current plan is to run 2831 y pipe, high flow cat (because I want to, its not required in Michigan) and looking for muffler, weather it comes out as one pipe or 2 makes no difference.

TBI is are these a good reference to your sound?

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen your post on Gearhead EFI and Hotrodders web sites as well
I haven't posted on Hotrodders, it must be someone else?

I have a wide band o2 sensor read to install to help with tuning.
Yeah, I have a WBO2 which feeds my EBL Flash-II so it automatically tunes AFR. With your 7427 (I'm guessing), you'll have to tune using a spreadsheet developed by dave w there on Gearhead-EFI or, make your own. Either way, a WBO2 is a great plan :waytogo:

My current plan is to run 2831 y pipe, high flow cat
That's the same Y pipe I have.

TBI is are these a good reference to your sound?
I can't tell from the videos how they sound. In person is really the only way to tell. My Borla Pro XS has a nice deep sound idling and when you get on it. I do have a little drone when cruising at ~60 - 65 in OD with 4.11 gears. I usually drive faster than that though :biggrin: Of course, you can change how it sounds by removing your Cat. YMMV