Engine Comp. wiring *************HELP PLEASE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The one with the orange band, with the pink/black, gray, and black/white wire goes to the electronic vacuum regulator valve (E.V.R.V.) aka EGR solenoid, and the one with the green band with the pink/black and brown wire goes to AIR injection diverter valve. If that white plug has tan/black and light blue wires, its for the T400 kickdown.
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks so much arrg, now I have to get my wife to look at them, Im color blind also :( But at least I know what they are now, very helpful!!
So I assume ( I know, never assume) since they are not plugged into anything that someone removed these items in the past, and since the OEM air cleaner is long gone did those items reside in that ???
Bobby V

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks so much arrg, now I have to get my wife to look at them, Im color blind also :( But at least I know what they are now, very helpful!!
So I assume ( I know, never assume) since they are not plugged into anything that someone removed these items in the past, and since the OEM air cleaner is long gone did those items reside in that ???
Bobby V
I'm not sure about the the big block, but on the small block, the EGR solenoid is attached to a bracket along with the MAP sensor, that is attached to the intake manifold. The diverter valve is attached to the AIR pump, and that usually resides on the accessory drive bracket below the A/C compressor. The AIR system was likely removed when the headers were installed. Does your check engine light work? I'd think it would be on with this stuff unplugged.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the the big block, but on the small block, the EGR solenoid is attached to a bracket along with the MAP sensor, that is attached to the intake manifold. The diverter valve is attached to the AIR pump, and that usually resides on the accessory drive bracket below the A/C compressor. The AIR system was likely removed when the headers were installed. Does your check engine light work? I'd think it would be on with this stuff unplugged.

Yes the CEL works and I have no codes, no lights, Ive checked it ???? Theres nothing hanging out below the a/c comp either.
Bobby

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not all trucks came with the A.I.R. system, National emissions didn't require it but California did. I had to buy headers with A.I.R. ports since my truck is a CA model and Maricopa County here in AZ still does emissions every 2 years which includes a visual inspection and a sniffer for all OBD1 vehicles manufactured after '67. Now, if you don't have EGR or Knock sensor, the PO may have burned a chip deleting these. Right now I'm running with EGR delete and Hyway Lean Cruise which I'll have reverse before Emissions next July.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not all trucks came with the A.I.R. system, National emissions didn't require it but California did. I had to buy headers with A.I.R. ports since my truck is a CA model and Maricopa County here in AZ still does emissions every 2 years which includes a visual inspection and a sniffer for all OBD1 vehicles manufactured after '67. Now, if you don't have EGR or Knock sensor, the PO may have burned a chip deleting these. Right now I'm running with EGR delete and Hyway Lean Cruise which I'll have reverse before Emissions next July.

Pete: Truck was sold originally in Aledo Il, by the Essig-Uftring dealership so my ownership manual says
Bobby

Garry Harris

Reaction score
On GMT800, whether you have a dual battery (TP2) or not, there's a 2-way connector for the battery isolator tied into the passenger side under hood near the HVAC. I don't know about GMT400, however.