Electrical Upgrade? Just do it!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, actually it was guys from here but, I didn't want to point any fingers:anitoof:
It was me. All I said was that it's a good idea to upgrade to heat shrink crimp connectors. They're dirt cheap now. I'm sure you can find the old style crimp connectors on my truck, but as I get more done, there's fewer of them.

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL, it wasn't just you but, no matter. You were right - they are cheap, I was using up old stock, I only have a couple hundred left, ha ha. I guess I'll use them somewhere else now that I have all the new ones and gobs of heat shrink tubing.
They are plenty good for appliance repair if you happen to be fixing your own appliances.

Talking about GMT400s using Tapatalk

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The connectors I ordered came in today so I decided to draw up a schematic for the 4-hi mod with my fuse & relay distribution block. I don't like using diodes, an extra relay works better IMO. Anyway, take a look and see what you think. Keep in mind, I drew this up so I can just disconnect a couple harnesses and the primary wires to remove it for repairs/modifications at any time.:cheers:

Edit: BTW according to the GM manual @hatzie posted the low beams are fed with a size .8 wire and the highs are fed with a size 1. According to my metric to AWG conversion chart, a .8 wire is a little bigger than an 18GA and a 1 is somewhere a little smaller than a 16GA. I'm thinking about going with 14GA to the lights since I have a bunch of it. At least this time, I'm trying to plan ahead, LOL.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hell yeah! that looks great and will give you plenty of room in the future to continue adding accessories!