Electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steven Rath

Reaction score
Done a ton of research and I cand find anything mentioning my issue! At first the issue was that my dome or interior lights wouldn't light up when the door was open. Instead, to be able to get the interior lights to illuminate, I have to push extra hard on the interior "unlock" or "lock" button. It's annoying, and no, the "dome override" button is NOT pressed in. Next issue, when I went to diagnose my high mount 3rd brake light, the lights would illuminate at certain points of installing the bulb. But with the bulb fully seated, neither the cargo nor the 3rd brakelights turn on. After that whole debacle, now my rear taillights are illuminated at all times. I had to disconnect the battery... what the hell?! Where do I even start?! There was a CURT brake assist installed before I bought the truck. I unplugged it and no help. Let me know what information you may need to be able to help me diagnose my issue(s)! Thank you!
Steven

Steven Rath

Reaction score
Tried doing the test light test, unplugged the negative battery terminal and connected the alligator clip to one side with the prong touching the battery terminal, the test light comes on for just a quick second and then goes off so I don't think there's a short anywhere. But that is with the taillight relay pulled. Going to mess with the brake switch now.