Electric fan set up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I plan on using the harness I got off the truck to run the fans, and use my 0411 to control them. But I'll definitely look into the big 3, I believe dad and I may have done it already though over 6 years ago. Ill have to look and see.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
There are some write ups on here about the big 3 upgrade. When I did mine, I used #2 welding lead. It is normal to use 1/0 wire. 1/0 wire is bigger than #2. So FYI, the big three is 1 big wire with a big fuse (125 to 150 amp) that goes from the Alternator positive side, back to the battery positive. Then 1 wire from the alt frame or case, to the negative battery post. From the neg bat to the frame, the big 5 I did was 2 more ground wires. 1 to the engine block, and 1 to the cab of the truck. Here are some pics of mine.
You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A few more pics. You can see I cleaned up the wiring around the battery.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used this radiator in my 91 (5.3 Swap) and had to trim on some LS1 Camaro E fans on the corners where the inlet and outlets are but it fit good.
Made some temporary mounts till i can bend up some aluminum and bolt it all in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XDFC7DM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-620-6...-11-spons&keywords=camaro+electric+fans&psc=1

If your radiator is big enough then the 2005+ electric fans would be great. I have some on my tahoe and they work good.