egr???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a 96 w/ 350 and 1 day it was running and the next it wont do nuthin but spin over...i hooked up my scanner and it says p1406 egr position...my question is if the egr is bad or malfunctioning will it keep the truck from running all together or just make it run bad?

astewart1995

ImAwesome
Reaction score
i sprayed carb cleaner on the egr diaphragm, opened and closed it sprayed it more opened and closed it until it stopped sticking. its not a permanent fix but it got my truck running and it is still running

astewart1995

ImAwesome
Reaction score
when it first stuck yes, when i got it to turn over it sounded like it was cammed. sprayed it a couple times and its been running fine for about 2 months now

astewart1995

ImAwesome
Reaction score
if you have to buy a new one get it from the dealership. its alittle bit more expensive but my uncle's gone through 5 from the parts stores

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wont start at all...it just spins over, i check for fire and its pinkish white not blue, my uncle is a mechanic and said its common to thro an egr code when the distributor is bad....

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just dont wanna thro 150 at a dizzy and that not be the problem...cuz i cant take it back if its not the problem....