Egr delete- Plug egr hole on manifold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got an email back from Black Bear, saying they would not turn off my EGR, as it would violate the Clean Air act.

I'm somewhat surprised by this... I wonder if it's anything to do with the fines the EPA is handing out to people like PFI Speed lately.

rpoL98

Reaction score
Got an email back from Black Bear, saying they would not turn off my EGR, as it would violate the Clean Air act.
this must be new, the PCM a friend-of-a-friend got for his 7.4L L29 from them has the EGR tuned out. a few years back.

if anybody from the EPA is reading this, it's for a 100% off-road motor that has been disassembled and disposed.

Chris253

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought my pcm on ebay stock 5.7 and 4l60e 0411 tune, vats deleted, egr deleted, e fans low and high, rear 02 disabled, speed limiters set to maximum. Stocking up parts for my ls swap but I need my truck until I get the parts so im going to have it retuned by someone else maybe local if possible. I also noticed that black bear changed their pricing. Thought they were more expensive for their basic tune but I dunno, weird they don't offer egr delete anymore

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
weird they don't offer egr delete anymore
The EPA's been putting the smackdown on companies deliberately selling emissions defeating devices or services. It's kind of hard to hit VW with big fines if they're going to let everyone in the parts market get away with it. The "rolling coal" crowd didn't help. Personally, I'm fine with it. I'm old enough to remember when acid rain was a problem. The oxides of nitrogen that the EGR system cuts combine with water in the atmosphere. Add some sciencey explanation here, and if you wore a shirt out in the rain it would get holes the next time you washed it.