edelbrock performance heads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hello
does anybody have an experience with these heads for stock 350 TBI engine?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does anybody have an experience with these heads for stock 350 TBI engine?
They're a little different than the Summit Racing heads.

Edelbrock are sold individually while Summit is by the pair.

Edelbrock is 60cc combustion chamber, Summit is 62.

E intake runners are 165cc, S has 170.

E spring max lift is .575, S is .525

It looks, in the picture, E has straight plugs, S has angled plugs.

Summary, for the price, I went with Summit Racing heads...
www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-162108

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And how much cc is the stock combustion chamber?

Thing is, edelbrock is a known firm, summit is a parts store, or am I wrong?

Does the one or the other give any benefit to a stock engine? Mine is over 8600 gvw emissions, which means lower compression ratio?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And how much cc is the stock combustion chamber?

Thing is, edelbrock is a known firm, summit is a parts store, or am I wrong?

Does the one or the other give any benefit to a stock engine? Mine is over 8600 gvw emissions, which means lower compression ratio?
Stock TBI swirl ports are around 65cc. Your 8,600 GVW engine will have 18cc dished pistons rather than the 12cc dished of the lighter duty engine.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Summit is a well-established parts store...but they own Trick Flow Specialties who casts and machines the Summit TBI heads.

Either heads--Edelbrock or Summit--are likely to make way more power than the stock swirl-ports. IF (big IF) there's a trade-off, it would be at the bottom of the RPM range and probably not too important unless you're pulling heavy loads. You would do well to custom-tune the computer's ignition curve at minimum; and probably the fuel curve as well. I'm sure either set of heads would do better with additional spark advance.

Thousands of years ago, I bought Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads from Summit when they were getting all the magazine press. They were The Next Big Thing. All that momentum petered-out; but I've now got three sets of TF--TW heads, two on vehicles and one new-in-the-box. TFS does good work, but with a lower profile and a more-limited product range than Edelbrock.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Summit is a well-established parts store...but they own Trick Flow Specialties who casts and machines the Summit TBI heads.

Either heads--Edelbrock or Summit--are likely to make way more power than the stock swirl-ports. IF (big IF) there's a trade-off, it would be at the bottom of the RPM range and probably not too important unless you're pulling heavy loads. You would do well to custom-tune the computer's ignition curve at minimum; and probably the fuel curve as well. I'm sure either set of heads would do better with additional spark advance.

Thousands of years ago, I bought Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads from Summit when they were getting all the magazine press. They were The Next Big Thing. All that momentum petered-out; but I've now got three sets of TF--TW heads, two on vehicles and one new-in-the-box. TFS does good work, but with a lower profile and a more-limited product range than Edelbrock.

I really like the Etec 170s on a 305 or 350. 383 or 406 work better with the 200cc heads. They offer a solid improvement over the Vortec heads. That being said the downside is requiring a Vortec intake manifold where other options do not. I have used the now discontinued Edelbrock Performer 60cc heads that were designed as an emissions legal upgrade to the swirl ports and TPI heads. They offered those in both center intake bolt angles. I ran them on a 406 with the Edelbrock TBI to MPFI conversion. Very good running truck. It was an ECSB 4x4 and ran low 13s with a 4-wheel drive high launch to keep it from blowing the rear tires off. There was another guy that had a 2wd with a similar setup back in the FSC days that was in the 12s.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much $$$ do you wanna spend on just heads, and no more breathing improvements? Heads alone will add more MPGs and power so, stick with the Summit Racing heads (made by Trick Flow) and spend the extra cash on exhaust improvements like, headers, mandrel bent Y pipe to 3" full flow Cat, and straight through muffler, FTW!

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much $$$ do you wanna spend on just heads, and no more breathing improvements? Heads alone will add more MPGs and power so, stick with the Summit Racing heads (made by Trick Flow) and spend the extra cash on exhaust improvements like, headers, mandrel bent Y pipe to 3" full flow Cat, and straight through muffler, FTW!
problem is the summit heads will be available only 2 months from now and I've already removed the old heads...