Edelbrock Headers Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SweetNLo

Reaction score
The Vortec 350 motor I bought came with Edelbrock headers. The headers came out of a 92 Camaro and are intended for 88-92 Camaros and Firebirds. I would love to use these headers in my 93 C1500, but I'm highly skeptical that they would fit, let alone hook up directly to my exhaust system. Since Edelbrock discontinued their exhaust division in 2008, I'm not getting a direct answer on using these. I got two different answers when I contacted Edelbrock. Has anyone used Edelbrock headers part #68752 in their truck? I attached two pictures (one of Summit headers and one of the Edelbrock). I'm leaning on playing it safe and buying Summit headers since I know they will directly fit my exhaust when we install the motor. Thanks for any help.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Bombader

Reaction score
I'm sure you could make them work the driver side is obviously not going to connect directly to your stock exhaust and you're going to have to block off those air injection tubes I don't know the emissions regulations in your state but if you're not worried about using correct shorty headers why not go long tubes shorties are kind of a pain in the ass and make it much more difficult to change plugs and not burn plug wires. I used to have the Edelbrock Shorty's on a 85 Trans Am I burned so many Taylor plug wires

Bloke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Edelbrock ceramic coated headers on my 1998 K1500. I ordered through jegs said that it would fit. Little did i realize until around 2010 that what was sent to me was one for 1995 or below. The donut between the header and exhaust change around that time. So when i tried a 1995 donut it would fit the header but not the exhaust and when ii tried a donut for my year it would fit the exhaust but not the header. When i had an exhaust leak is when the shop realized that problem, so the chopped the exhaust flange and welded the correct one. So now i used 1995 donut because of the headers.

I also had a custom exhaust built before that and they found the welds on the headers were broken when 4 become 1. Just a quick weld fixed that.

If you want i can shoot a photo of both headers if its worth it.

SweetNLo

Reaction score
I have the Edelbrock ceramic coated headers on my 1998 K1500. I ordered through jegs said that it would fit. Little did i realize until around 2010 that what was sent to me was one for 1995 or below. The donut between the header and exhaust change around that time. So when i tried a 1995 donut it would fit the header but not the exhaust and when ii tried a donut for my year it would fit the exhaust but not the header. When i had an exhaust leak is when the shop realized that problem, so the chopped the exhaust flange and welded the correct one. So now i used 1995 donut because of the headers.

I also had a custom exhaust built before that and they found the welds on the headers were broken when 4 become 1. Just a quick weld fixed that.

If you want i can shoot a photo of both headers if its worth it.

Thanks for the post. I ended up going with the Summit headers because I didn't have to change my head pipes. I would have had to change up my system with the Edelbrock ones.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you're not worried about using correct shorty headers why not go long tubes shorties are kind of a pain in the ass and make it much more difficult to change plugs and not burn plug wires. I used to have the Edelbrock Shorty's on a 85 Trans Am I burned so many Taylor plug wires
The Edelbrock Tubular Exhaust System (TES) "shorty headers" on my '88 K1500 have been on there for ~20 years. Never burned a plug wire. Plug access with stock, swirl-port heads was adequate. Now I have Trick Flow heads with "angled" plugs, and access is even better. The only plug I have to get tricky with is #1, and all that takes is a plug socket and a wrench instead of a ratchet.