EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads - Worth It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I'll probably try the EBC Yellows unless anyone has any other recommendations, thanks for the thoughts everyone. It would be interesting to compare the performance of the Hawk Performance pads to the EBC Yellows, they're about the same price. Maybe I'll try some Hawks next time.

While we're at it does anyone have any recommendations for good rear shoes? I'm not really aware of anyone making performance drum brake shoes but I'd be interested to know if they're out there. I'll probably go with OEM ACDelco again otherwise.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I would give them a shot based on my experience. Again, head and shoulders more aggressive than anything at the parts store.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What are thoughts on Performance Friction?

I'd never heard of them until now. Interesting that they seem to be in the same price bracket as the Power Stops but claim to be made in the USA...

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'd never heard of them until now. Interesting that they seem to be in the same price bracket as the Power Stops but claim to be made in the USA...

Sometimes, they're referred to as PFC.... One of their brandings is "Carbon Metallic". They're a member of the board that handles the various patterns or whatever they're called for brakes..... the numbers that most manufactures use like 459 and 370.

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replaced front a rear brakes on my wife’s BMW X5 with new rotors and ebc yellow stuff pads. I do feel a better initial bite, and they perform very well. No squealing, no more dusting than stock pads, and after some quite demanding repeated braking on a long road trip through the mountains, I can say there was no noticeable fade or any issues. I’m happy with them.

let me know what part numbers you are ordering, I think I’d like to put them on my truck as well.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Replaced front a rear brakes on my wife’s BMW X5 with new rotors and ebc yellow stuff pads. I do feel a better initial bite, and they perform very well. No squealing, no more dusting than stock pads, and after some quite demanding repeated braking on a long road trip through the mountains, I can say there was no noticeable fade or any issues. I’m happy with them.

let me know what part numbers you are ordering, I think I’d like to put them on my truck as well.

Thanks for the input!

I posted the part number I'm ordering in my original post, you may want to double check the EBC catalog on their website first though. They have a couple of different options for these trucks depending on what brake package you have.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
While we're on the subject and before I order the parts... Does anyone have any recommendations for a good solid brake rotor? I don't want anything slotted or cross drilled. I debated ordering some EBCs to go with the Yellowstuff pads but they're over $100 per rotor. I'm not necessarily against that but they just don't look like anything super special. I did however find these Brembos, part number 09.7815.11.

https://www.brembostoreusa.com/prod...or-right-disc-brake-rotor-brembo-pvt-vented-n

Their PVT venting system looks interesting, they claim a 40% increase in resistance to thermal damage plus better cooling and slightly reduced weight. At half the price of the EBCs they got my attention.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, so much for that. Emailed the Brembo store about availability as they were out of stock and apparently that's a discontinued part and they're not expecting them to come back.