EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads - Worth It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Here we go:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I've never heard of NRS brakes. It was their facility.

McBroom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you driven the same vehicle with both the EBC Yellows and the Powerstops? Just curious how you came to that conclusion. I believe the Powerstops are Chinese manufactured products and the EBCs are UK/US made. That's really what drew me to the EBCs shopping around today, not trying to say that country of origin is everything though.
Not on same vehicle but I have used the ebc on a mud truck I had and wasn't really impressed.
Now on my racecars I'm very pleased with the powerstop brakes and rotors.

The Blue Mule

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here we go:

Appreciate the input but honestly that video was a little disappointing. No mention of brand name (except the NRS), model, or even what types of friction material in each pad. Seems almost like a paid advertisement for NRS comparing them to OEM.

Not on same vehicle but I have used the ebc on a mud truck I had and wasn't really impressed.
Now on my racecars I'm very pleased with the powerstop brakes and rotors.

The Blue Mule

That's not much of a side by side comparison but thanks for the info anyway.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Here we go:

I actually worked for Nucap/NRS a few years back. Their products are ok at best. The one good thing about them is the manufacturing processes used to mechanically lock the friction to the plate. But realistically this mostly comes into effect in extreme brake usage where the friction starts to slide off the plate due to the extreme heat or for the people that tend to run the brakes down to the steel. Other than that they are similar to the mid-ish grade stuff you buy at the parts stores. Their choice of materials used for the plates and shims are sub-par as well.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Appreciate the input but honestly that video was a little disappointing. No mention of brand name (except the NRS), model, or even what types of friction material in each pad. Seems almost like a paid advertisement for NRS comparing them to OEM.

It's not supposed to be a review of specific pads, but of generalities.

McBroom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's not much of a side by side comparison but thanks for the info anyway.
Best I can offer ya'll.
I agree after watching the video my 1st thought was infomercial.
Really a waste of time watching it

The Blue Mule

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Best I can offer ya'll.
I agree after watching the video my 1st thought was infomercial.
Really a waste of time watching it

The Blue Mule

Not an infomercial.... the guy isn't working for them, the guy has lots of videos on many subjects.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's not supposed to be a review of specific pads, but of generalities.

I get that, but honestly that's what seems pointless about it to me. It seems silly to assume that every pad in a given price range will perform the same.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I get that, but honestly that's what seems pointless about it to me. It seems silly to assume that every pad in a given price range will perform the same.

Manufacturers building to a price point often mimic each other.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A friend put yellows on his Lancer, not Evo. The stopping power was excellent, zero fade on the road course however we didn't get over 100 on the straight and it's just not that hard on the brakes with so little power and weight. Much improved over stock. I've run Hawk HPS, LTS, and now performance ceramic on my 1500. They're all more aggressive than a parts store pad, dust more heavily, last around 40k, and crack rotors. That's the price you pay. The rotors lasted 2 sets of pads and never warped.