Ebay Diff Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its hard for me to say, i might literally ground them down a 1/4 of an inch. the instructions were very vague it just showed a picture and told you to grind. but i if i had not grinded on them there would not be clearence between the diff and the frame.

Stance_stan

Reaction score
L
i finally found the found the time to snap some pictures of the ebay diff drop installed on my truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

did the sway bar not have to get reattached ??

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No you can leave the sway bar end links attached.... I just had them out because I was installing 2010 f150 sway bar end links

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m not going to lie this kit does make the front diff hang Down a good 2.5” maybe 3.5” idk,below the front frame cross member..... but two years later I don’t regret doing it one bit.... the old pictures I took made it look worse than it is with the goofy skid plate drop

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Here's how I did my spacer. 2.5" .250 wall tube. I can jack the truck up with it.
full

And here's where I ground the fins. I probably could have taken a little less off.
full

bastholio

Reaction score
I’m not going to lie this kit does make the front diff hang Down a good 2.5” maybe 3.5” idk,below the front frame cross member..... but two years later I don’t regret doing it one bit.... the old pictures I took made it look worse than it is with the goofy skid plate drop
When it's bottomed out (the tire is stuffed up in the wheel well) does the CV seem to be pulling apart? In my mind it seem like the CV would be stretched out a smidge too much. I have zero experience dropping the front diff, very curious because I am always looking for ways to keep from destroying front CVs.

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t see that ever being a problem, it’s certainly not an issue with my truck. It’s hard for me to imagine one of these trucks having enough front suspension travel to rip the cv joint apart. But that’s just my opinion, it maybe possible... maybe some others will chime in.