Ebay Diff Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just bought the ebay diff drop kit on ebay last satorday, i plan on installing it this weekend.It seems very well made and it looks almost identical to the one offered in the rough country 3" lift.

You must be registered for see images attach
Any updates?

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just bought the ebay diff drop kit on ebay last satorday, i plan on installing it this weekend.It seems very well made and it looks almost identical to the one offered in the rough country 3" lift.

Any updates?

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes i installed the kit today it was more work than i thought it would be.the kit fit good and seems to be high quality.it does not come with any instructions.i downloaded both the pdf file for the skyjacker 3" lift and the rough country 3" lift and just followed the diff drop part of the instructions.i would not be surprised if the ebay diff drop is not the exat same parts included in the rough country or skyjacker kit or both....you have to cut the lower drivers side diff mount off the frame and grind it flush, and you also have to grind down the aluminum cooling fins the drivers side of the front diff so it will clear the frame and you also have to drill a half inch hole in the frame other than that its all bolt.for only 70 dollars shipped to the door i highly recomend it...it has really really helped my cv axle angles they are really good now. i will try and post some pictures tommorow

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no you do not have to unbolt the a arms, but you do have to completely remove the front diff frome the truck so you can grind down the cooling fins and grind down the frame bracket

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i finally found the found the time to snap some pictures of the ebay diff drop installed on my truck.

1995z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of the whole truck after the diff drop was installed?

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of the whole truck after the diff drop was installed?
I didnt take any pictures of the whole truck today but i can....putting diff skid plate back on with spacers on it looks pretty bad....but the instructions say you can leave the skid plate off if you want.....trust me with the skid plate off you cant even tell the diff has been dropped, it does not hang way below the frame or anything.you just cant run the factory skid plate unless you put the spacers on the front of the skid plate.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just had an idea. Is there room to put a small led pod light in top of the diff skid plate between the bolts? That would be a good discrete spot for one imo.