E Brake Release Won't Turn on my Headlights Anymore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vslopez

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm having some issues with my headlights. Usually, when I'd release the E barking brake my headlights would instantly go on. It's been a week and they won't turn on anymore. When I release the E brake I can see the lights turn on for a quick second but they immediately turn back off and stay off. I think it is making a false contact somewhere, I am not sure. Also, after releasing the e brake, it still marks on my dashboard that the E brake is on. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out or point me in the correct direction. Thank you.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Probably the DRL relay. It's down in the convenience center to the immediate left of the flasher unit. They do fail after so long...

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DRL Out X2. had the same problem on one off my past posts. Never corrected the Situation, come spring when the moose are craving salt. It is not a collision deterrent.