E Brake Release Won't Turn on my Headlights Anymore

Discussion in 'Audio + Electronics' started by vslopez, Feb 22, 2021.

1. vslopez

vslopez Newbie

Hey everyone, I'm having some issues with my headlights. Usually, when I'd release the E barking brake my headlights would instantly go on. It's been a week and they won't turn on anymore. When I release the E brake I can see the lights turn on for a quick second but they immediately turn back off and stay off. I think it is making a false contact somewhere, I am not sure. Also, after releasing the e brake, it still marks on my dashboard that the E brake is on. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out or point me in the correct direction. Thank you.

2. AK49BWL

AK49BWL GMT400 Forever!

Probably the DRL relay. It's down in the convenience center to the immediate left of the flasher unit. They do fail after so long...

vslopez and F4U-1A like this.
  3. 618 Syndicate

618 Syndicate About Dat Fodo Life...

If the light on the dash is on the brake may not be released all the way. Pull the release while pulling the pedal up and see if this solves the issue. If it does, you need a spring.

vslopez and HotWheelsBurban like this.
  4. F4U-1A

F4U-1A 1996 5.7 5sp G80

DRL Out X2. had the same problem on one off my past posts. Never corrected the Situation, come spring when the moose are craving salt. It is not a collision deterrent.

vslopez likes this.
  5. AK49BWL

AK49BWL GMT400 Forever!

Oops, I read right over the e-brake light staying on...yeah, that sounds like a spring in the brake pedal assembly lol

vslopez and 618 Syndicate like this.