Dually wheel install sequence

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Hi guys, unsure this is the proper section but I just want to confirm the proper "sequence" of the dual wheel install for my Dana 70HD setup.

If you look in this video at the 35 second mark, it appears to be- put on first wheel inverted, then second wheel straight up, then the "centering ring" and then the lug nuts? Also, from observing the lug nuts I have, there seems to be a lug nut just for dual wheel setup? Thanks! Kris

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl2CC0gaaVs&list=PL-iemeqGR4WDEi7S6la16xPLoJuCxNQ-y&index=61

Attachments

• DSC04787 (Medium).JPG
    DSC04787 (Medium).JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 5

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Inner wheel, Outer wheel with the valve stem 180 degrees out from the inner, and then the ring followed by the lug nuts.

No special lug nuts unless there are special wheels. Standard 60 degree acorn lug nuts. Tall if you want, If closed end lug nuts are chosen make sure they are tall enough to tighten just one wheel on the back without bottoming out.

Torque in a circular pattern skipping 2 lug nuts at a time for even torqueing. Retorque every 25 miles until there are no loose lug nuts twice in a row.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The dually wheels are hub-centric, vs lug-centric. They fit fairly snug to the hub, you'll notice a "ledge" for lack of a better term, where the hub bore of the wheel mates up as it seats against the wheel mounting surface of the drum. So to that end the lug holes in the dually wheel are just flat, not conical, as they would be on your typical single wheel OEM setup. The "clamping ring" has the conical seats on it to allow for regular lug nut use. These rings don't center the wheels - the close match of hub size and wheel center bore size is what centers them in your application.

If you wanted to change this setup, lug nuts with integral washers would be necessary.

Richard