Dually suburban build and maual swap, and one ton upgrades >;)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duallburb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont exactly need it to be a 1 ton i like the stability of duallys and rigidity. my freinds have dubed this thing the troop truck becous its an old fleet truck. its a 1500 but i do tow a little to heavy for it am moving the springs and purches if they line up with existing ones. i dont tow mutxh more than my tractor and when my freinds brake down. took on project when trans went out and if im gonna put 1 ton trans might as well make a dually sence its a manuel and i already need a custom drive shaft. i am trying to figure a way to mount the sway bar onto the rear dually axle to ceep it more stable. old trans is olmost out of thr vehicle then i can put slave assymbly in.
Update has Ben an nv4500 trans for some time now has Ben working great waiting on shop completion for dually

duallburb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
update it is now a dually 3/4 the way around. i lost intrest for a while but after a coule of other projects it is now duall rear and one ftont is 8 lug swapped (awaiting a part for other) i opted to go 2wd with transfer case but no front axle due to difficulty of parts and someone to regear it

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Bigger is better, right?

I notice you have what looks like '08-'10 dually wheels on the rear. I take it those bolted up fine? Seems I remember the center bore is bigger, than gmt400. I've been thinking about switching to those, but unsure.

duallburb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry took so long to check back in. ther 08 dodge wheels 17 they are lugcentric not hubcentric

duallburb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have now converted the front of the truck to duals by using 1992 c3500 dually front hub assemblies and flippinglower balljoint. took front axle out of truck. (i broke it on a 4low launch with big block) took big block out and sold it. now running ls 5.3 nv4500 and borg warnertransfer case. yes im 2wd now but i am keeping the t cas for low range