Dually suburban build and maual swap, and one ton upgrades >;)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't see any mention if the Suburban is a 1500 or 2500. Either way, I would plan on some significant frame reinforcement to handle the upgrades you are talking about. Putting a 1 ton rear end under there doesn't make it a 1 ton. Great idea though. I have dreamed about doing the same thing many times.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hell Ya! subscribed, I had this thought about the twister movie..... but it's a square body. I googled it and found an add for that truck, for sale. 1989 2500 Burb dually. no idea how old the add is though.

http://www.2040-cars.com/Chevrolet/Other-Pickups/1989-twister-movie-suburban-433007/
You must be registered for see images attach
I liked that one from the first time I saw Twister at the drive-in theater. It was obviously not factory and modified with a dually rear end because the front wheels are not dually.

duallburb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont exactly need it to be a 1 ton i like the stability of duallys and rigidity. my freinds have dubed this thing the troop truck becous its an old fleet truck. its a 1500 but i do tow a little to heavy for it am moving the springs and purches if they line up with existing ones. i dont tow mutxh more than my tractor and when my freinds brake down. took on project when trans went out and if im gonna put 1 ton trans might as well make a dually sence its a manuel and i already need a custom drive shaft. i am trying to figure a way to mount the sway bar onto the rear dually axle to ceep it more stable. old trans is olmost out of thr vehicle then i can put slave assymbly in.