Dually delete on 1996 K3500 ambulance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I would say that the ambulance body on that ford is made for a SRW truck.. i don't think it was ever a dually.
never mind, i see the brake disk way inboard on the rear axle

That being said what you are looking for are called "super single" wheels and tires.. they are made to replace dually wheels.. google it and you will see a lot of manufacturers

Does he want super singles out back or the ability to rotate tires?

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahh, didn't realize they'd fit up front too. That's a mean looking Ferd.
I don't believe they will. Actual "super singles" are like.. pro street style WIDE. That Ford pictured earlier is just running normal width wheels, SRW type. I mean they're typical aftermarket wide, probably 9" or so.. and likely are on a SRW rear axle. I'm not against using quality bolt-on style spacers but I don't feel like I would trust (or want to spend money on) a bolt-on spacer long enough to run SRW wheels on a C&C DRW axle.

Richard

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OP, is your truck frame a Cab & Chassis or just a regular pickup frame? It's not a 3500HD, right? What is the GVWR on your door sticker. I have a feeling your truck is going to be the C&C with GVWR of 12,000#. They made 3 widths of those 14 bolts: C&C, SRW, and DRW...maybe the vans had a 4th design? I don't know if you can adapt a SRW axle to a C&C frame...

Anyways, do some reading on this article and with a tape measure you can probably figure it out: http://www.billavista.com/tech/Articles/14-Bolt_Bible/index.html

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Measure your wheel mounting surface (WMS) and report back.

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you want your wide axle dually to be a single rear wheel 3500, you just need to get the parts that make a single rear. The fronts have a spacer so dual wheel xan be used. I did one a long time ago. I started with chevy parts breakdown comparing what needed and what we kept. Once you convert it's just like factory single wheel 1 ton. You want the Earthroamer look then put any wheels you want or fit.

LJKCK

Reaction score
What you want is a wheel that is reversible so it can be mounted on both front and rear by simply spinning it around. You only need 1 spare then. I don't know where to point you but the ford you pictured is A 450 or 550 with a different bolt pattern. Im 99% sure he is running a kit from https://www.buckstopinc.com/single-wheel-conversions.html
We have a few 5500 ram brush trucks with them and love them.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure what came in those.
14 bolt cab and chassis? Will be the most narrow and hard to get to full width.
14 bolt normal should be able to swap Dana 70 hubs and reach around 75” width. This should be close to the front end width (75”) or so.
Run hummer headlocks because the have a high offset of around 7” backspacing. This will bring the track width total to around 67 ish inches.
mine.
I keep trying to send links but the pictures are buried. Search H1s on dually and you should be able to find what I am trying to relay. Set of junkyard hubs set of H1 headlocks and some military 37s should look pretty bitchin on that thing.
Measure wheel mount to mount on the front and try to match the rear with correct hubs. Can and chassis rear probably won’t get you there though may have to change axles.