Dual rear exit exhaust for Tahoe? Flowmaster kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kran

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i found this kit for K1500s, 141" wheelbase. is the tahoe 141" wheelbase? if so, i don't see why this couldn't bolt up? any thoughts to this post overall would be appreciated.

would likely be replacing the single tips with dual tips to match the below picture, so there would be quad tips (two each side). i have always been a fan of quad tip exhausts on vehicles, especially on the newer chevy suv's.
You must be registered for see images attach

i already have the 70 series muffler that comes in the kit, but its dual in single out. i like how it sounds so would prefer to keep that sound versus going louder.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any good reputable exhaust shop could make that for half the price

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a moderator will move this thread to the "Exhaust" sub-forum.

Any good reputable exhaust shop could make that for half the price
...because they'll crush-bend the tubing instead of having mandrel-bends.

A Flowmaster cat-back system lasted less than eleven years on my K1500. By the time I got rid of it at the eleventh year, the pipes and the muffler had rotted out with holes big enough to push a kitten through, and should have been replaced two or three years prior. "Aluminized steel" is better than plain mild steel, but it's still crap compared to even an OEM stainless system.

Kran

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i’m not too worried about the rust if i’m honest. i don’t drive much in the winter, maybe a couple hundred miles at most. mostly a summer cruiser

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i found this kit for K1500s, 141" wheelbase. is the tahoe 141" wheelbase?

No, the Tahoe and Yukon are 111.5" for the 2 door, or 117.5 for the 4 door.
The Suburban is 137, like a 2 door longbed pickup.

141 is an extended cab short bed. No SUV has a comparable wheelbase.

That being said, the tail pipe is likely the same, the muffler should be the same. The only difference is the extension pipes. And pipes can be cut shorter!

Last edited:

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Tahoe's use a funky pipe from the merge to the muffler. Look at Dynomax's kit, the intermediate pipe has an offset, don't think trucks use that much.