Dual Caliper Conversion Finally Done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90lsx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can think of 2 applications; Drifting with a separate master cylinder for the extra pair or Holding a turbo drag car on the line without a trans brake in the auto trans.

Sooo, Why dual calipers?
No drifting and no turbo truck. Stock vehicle that had some crappy drums, I went with a single conversion which worked amazing but the dual conversion LOOKED better so I went that route!!

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can think of 2 applications; Drifting with a separate master cylinder for the extra pair or Holding a turbo drag car on the line without a trans brake in the auto trans.

Sooo, Why dual calipers?
In my experience a linelock holds the front brakes, but I guess it would work similarly. The drifting thing was something I hadn't considered.

rojas84

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's the clearance with the 15" wheels?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got around to finishing my conversion using the cunninghammachine.com brackets and man does this thing look sweet!!! No guys I did not retain my E Brake.
Interesting. What's your front brake setup? What master cylinder and proportioning valve?

Would you consider installing a parking brake? You can get a pinion-mount small disc/caliper setup from hot rod suppliers. Parking brakes are a good thing. :D

Richard

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Twice the calipers, twice as many pistons.

Twice the fluid volume needed to move those pistons.

I guess part of this "upgrade" is to install a larger-bore master cylinder, and a more-powerful booster.

And then you need a couple more calipers up front.

But at least you got rid of that evil park brake.