Drop pitman and idler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm confused, or you are... The bump stops dont go anywhere near the upper A-Arms. The bump stops are mounted UNDER the frame, near the torsion bar socket, above the lower A-Arm.

Wait, you cranked the bars all the way up, hit the frame stops, flipped the ball joints, cranked higher, and still hit the frame, so you cut a recess in the frame?
I assume you mean you cut the frame extensions above the sway bar link?

You shouldn't have. If the UCA hits that, your ride height is WAY TOO HIGH. Lower it back down.
Ok mistyped maybe sag stop then? It's what keeps upper arm from extending down farther. Been that way for years, zero issues the tb aren't maxxed out either. I don't wheel that truck any, just needed room for bigger tires. And I didn't didn't notch it to be able to crank more, just bc if u hit a big hole u could hear the upper arms hit when tires dropped yeah I know it's not proper but idc , I'm a mechanic I check my **** all the time, but truck gets about 10 miles a day on it so wasn't worried about longevity either, but everything seems to hold up so far with no issues. Been years since I did it too.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm confused, or you are... The bump stops dont go anywhere near the upper A-Arms. The bump stops are mounted UNDER the frame, near the torsion bar socket, above the lower A-Arm.

Wait, you cranked the bars all the way up, hit the frame stops, flipped the ball joints, cranked higher, and still hit the frame, so you cut a recess in the frame?
I assume you mean you cut the frame extensions above the sway bar link?

You shouldn't have. If the UCA hits that, your ride height is WAY TOO HIGH. Lower it back down.
Camber is acceptable where it's at, atleast a level says so, no adverse pulling or odd steering behavior. Been like that for years too. The UCA didn't hit the sag stops unless the tire drops into a big hole (which we have MANY of up here) then u could hear it hit the stop. I didn't take it off, just notched it. TB arent maxxed out , probably 2-2.5 turns left. Flipped bj but too much so put em back to top of uca . Everything has got room to move and bj angles aren't crazy, actually finally ripped a CV shaft boot and like I said been 3+ years since it was lifted