Driveshaft modification after 6 inch lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trenton

Just a Texan transplanted in the Rockies
Reaction score
I installed a 6" rough country lift on my K3500. Install was garbage since there were a few mistakes from their parts, but it rides as well as stock and still handles well, also. My only problem is the front driveshaft. I now have a vibration from the front driveshaft, and i know it's causing the problem because it's currently removed and I don't have the vibration anymore lol. Rough Country didn't design the front piece bracket to tilt the front differential up so now i have extreme driveshaft angles on both ends and both yokes rub the driveshaft. I plan on building a double cardan driveshaft to alleviate the driveshaft angle.

Here's my question. Is it safe to install double cardan joints on both sides of the driveshaft? Or would it bind up instead of functioning right? Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Unless you're a skilled fabricator, I'd get one of the driveshaft shops that specializes in custom work to build one. They'll know what works, build it precisely, and then balance it. They look like simple parts, but they're still built to spec. They're not just parts that are purchased and then welded up. For instance the tubing used, is "straight" tubing, but it gets checked with a dial indicator and straightened.