Drivers window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
OK, Looking for some advice finally....I've looked at dozens of youtube videos regarding he window regulator access/replacement. A few weeks ago,my drivers side all the sudden decided to quit working. It is stuck in the up position. After fiddling with it for awhile, it managed to roll down, but rolling back up it kept getting stuck and I'd have to pull on the front edge of the glass, something would pop and it would continue to go up. I lived with it for awhile as it looks like a total PIA to access the regulator assembly. But now it wont roll down at all. I've checked the switch, it gets power and the motor gets power. It's just stuck in the up position. If you've ever worked on this before, you know the window has to be down to get that inner panel containing the regulator off. I took the outer panel off over the weekend and tried to pry, hammer, push, pull, etc to see if I could get the window to lower. Used an inspection mirror and observed the rollers are still in the tracks. The dang thing just wont move so I can pull that panel off. Any advice besides trying to find a complete door assembly to replace it with? Can the window be lowered manually somehow?

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just saying, mine did the same and I tested the switch to find out it was good, I had read about tapping on the window motor with a small hammer while holding the switch in the down mode. I tried it and the motor engaged and went down. While I was working on windows I did both sides. Few choice words and a few battle scars it was a done deal. I dont know if you tried that but it worked for me. Rots a Ruck.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Banging the crap out of it didn’t work. I got the new regulator today. $40 off Amazon. Figured it was worth it instead of trying to fix the old one. I’m going to have to break out the sawzall and just cut the old one out so I can remove the inner panel. I’ll document this endeavor so anyone else has this issue. Would be easier if I could get the window down.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Ended up drilling out the rivits with the inner door panel still attached to the door. Took a bit but finally got it done and have a working window again.