Driver power lock wiring failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canadadave

Reaction score
Hi, i am trying to repair the door wiring for the locks wich stopped working only on the driver side, i have checked the buttons and they work, swapped them with the copilot power lock buttons and they work there, so after many failed attempts to repair, even after changing the fuse, i decided to remove the wiring harness completly to see what is the problem, and my first impression is that everything is so messed up, probably the previous owner send it to the mechanics and they did some strange stuff but i need help to reorganize each of the wires, each color to where it should be. I have seen a few diagrams but i did not understand them, neither understand how to recognize each color, etc. So i please ask for some help before my head explodes (the actuators are functional btw)
What kind of vehicle?

canadadave

Reaction score
Thanks, i am searching for the schematic rn, i was wondering if i can match every wiring to the color it matches.
If it works on the right side but not the left it sounds like a receiver module problem. The right side works off a relay and the driver side works off the module. Depending on the year your module is under the dash cover using a 5 pin receiver or above the gas pedal beside the steering column using a 16 pin

Jvalaniz

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any updates on this issue? I’ve had a problem with my power door locks for years, they don’t seem to have enough power to lock/unlock, but I did use my power probe one day just messing around, and put power to the relay, and the power locks worked great. Im just not very savvy when it comes to wiring. I will have to take my door apart again and go through the wiring and hopefully find the problem.