Drag truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KamenRider_1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I’ve been thinking for a while about what I want to do with my 96 Chevy. I’ve been eyeing on a Tacoma X-runner as well because it’s been my dream truck for a while but I don’t want to get rid of the Chevy as well. I know the 350 Vortec has a ton of potential but California smog keeps me from messing with the engine. So I’ve been thinking that I can make the truck into a drag truck. Right now it’s not a sure thing. I’ve been thinking that I can at least take the truck to a drag strip and see how it does and if I like how it does then I can use the truck for drag racing. These trucks have a lot of torque so I’m confident it’ll do well on the launch but at the top end it’ll start to suffer. Maybe I’ll just do some shorty headers, cam and tune on a future event but I am very excited to see what the truck can really do. The closest drag strip would be the Irwindale speedway since I live in LA so hopefully one of these days when the CATS are done being installed on the truck I’ll take it over there. I think the only thing I need is a helmet but I’ll check the rules on the speedway website.