Down pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know were I can buy down pipes for a 1997 %.7 Vortec with out the crossover pipe.
I am tring to build a true dual exhaust that exits out before rear wheels
Thanks in Advance

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Because of a federal law, its illegal to remove, or cause to be faulty, an emissions device, (namely the dual catalytic converters) no one I've ever seen makes a converter delete y-pipe for an OBD2 vehicle...

Therefore, any exhaust modification needs to be custom made (by you).

It's a $10,000 fine, per infraction, if a shop is caught performing this illegal action. Best of luck finding one that'll risk their business on customizing one guys truck...

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If emissions is a concern he could get the 8600 GVW downpipes on there and go duals after the cats. The fuel tank is in the way of a pipe exiting before the rear driver's wheel.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jegs sells offroad down pipe or intermediate pipes. They are only 2 1/4" but true duals. I put them on both my 96 Yukon 4wd and 98 Tahoe 2wd. Fits with stock manifolds or headers. 100% bolt on.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Jegs sells offroad down pipe or intermediate pipes. They are only 2 1/4" but true duals. I put them on both my 96 Yukon 4wd and 98 Tahoe 2wd. Fits with stock manifolds or headers. 100% bolt on.

2 1/4" isn't going to be a restriction on a 350, that's a good size.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because of a federal law, its illegal to remove, or cause to be faulty, an emissions device, (namely the dual catalytic converters) no one I've ever seen makes a converter delete y-pipe for an OBD2 vehicle...

Therefore, any exhaust modification needs to be custom made (by you).

It's a $10,000 fine, per infraction, if a shop is caught performing this illegal action. Best of luck finding one that'll risk their business on customizing one guys truck...
Back on this again?
OP never said anything about where said modified vehicle was going to be used, you're jumping to conclusions. I get it, breaking emissions laws is bad. Guess you never break speed limits or jaywalk either, do you?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know were I can buy down pipes for a 1997 %.7 Vortec with out the crossover pipe.
I am tring to build a true dual exhaust that exits out before rear wheels
Thanks in Advance
I'm only familiar with the term downpipe in relation to turbocharged vehicles, can you educate me as to what part you're referring to?

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Back on this again?
OP never said anything about where said modified vehicle was going to be used, you're jumping to conclusions. I get it, breaking emissions laws is bad. Guess you never break speed limits or jaywalk either, do you?

Jaywalking? Nope. That's what crosswalks are for.
Speed limits? Nope. My 4 year old reads speed limit signs, compares my speedometer reading, and back seat critiques me. Gotta set a good example for the next generation.
I also use my turn signal to change lanes too!

So, you'd rather be a viscous law breaker in your kid's eyes?

Last edited:

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not looking to change emissions.
I need the bent pipes that come off the exhaust manifolds to the cats.
I cut the stock pipe and turned them but when they bent them they are not 2 1/4 anymore (leak like a sive)
So looking looking for two seperate pipes I can down pipes thar will connect from headers to cats.
Thanks

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Other than custom bent at a muffler shop, ones I mentioned. Last I looked they were $150 give or take.