Doug Thorley headers installed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well that sounds great, maybe I should start there and make the change if it becomes a problem. Do you have any photos of your installation?

My header design and installation is a little different than a truck/suv.

You must be registered for see images attach

davkenrem

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good, not so different, my drivers side pipe needs to cross in the same location but since my truck has a 6" lift the supplied crossover pipe will not work, due to the front driveshaft.

homeslice

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Dav, did you ever get your rig running ? I'm just curious, as I've just recently installed the '151' cam in my SC. Mine seems to run pretty good, but needs some adjustment on startup and idle quality. Curious if you experienced the same.

homeslice

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good, not so different, my drivers side pipe needs to cross in the same location but since my truck has a 6" lift the supplied crossover pipe will not work, due to the front driveshaft.
Hey Dav, wanted to check back in on your truck with the 151 cam. Did you ever getting it running ? I'm finally finishing by '96 SC/SB build and went with the same cam.

davkenrem

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did, even did a 411 pcm swap but at idle it is not running great. Had some tuning done but still really quite right. Been building a garage ahope to get it running perfect this summer.