Door won’t shut right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do you fix it "right" if the upper and lower most holes are wallowed out?

New pins and bushings will not resolve the door sag if those two holes are the slightest bit wallowed out.
Some guys have said they welded the holes and drilled a new hole, but the new hole has to be PERFECTLY centered in the original position.
I'm not following either, The pins don't rotate in the holes that are not bushed. The bushings can be worn to the point off egging out the bushing holes in which can they can be drilled for oversize bushings but that's not what you're describing.

And yes, if the door needs to go up, both hinges will be loose to do that, then you can do one hinge at a time to adjust the door closer or further away from the body.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, but he said the door sags. That's almost always egged out pin holes. And the holes can be out of round and very difficult to see or measure. I know, I've tried it.

I still want to know how you suggest to properly address it.
create a template, weld and file to size. In severe cases replace hinge, which is very likely if the PIN (not bushing) part of the hinge is worn. Still without pics I don't know if he really has sag. It could be adjusted low.

21InA94

Reaction score
Sorry about taking so long to reply had a baby and didnt have time.. The holes are definitely out of round because they slip right in when i get new ones and wear out in no time. Where would i get oversized bushings from? Or does anybody have a diagram and measurements of the hinges to make a template?