Door pin bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abrasumente

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to replace one of my barn doors on my sub. I've replaced doors and pins before, but this pin is S T U C K. It's been soaking in PB blaster for days, I've put the heat wrench to it, and tried to smack them out with a bfh and a center punch- and they ain't moving. Do they make a press tool similar to the ball joint c clamp to get these dudes out?

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been there and faced the same battle. It was a parts truck and the doors were being sold to a customer so I ended up just cutting the pins. Not gonna suggest you do that in case you end up needing to re-use them..

The factory manual suggests they're removed the same as the side door pins, though their specific process says remove the lower pin first (grasping with locking pliers and strike the pin with a "soft faced hammer"), put a bolt in place of the lower pin while you remove the upper pin, then remove the bolt, and the door. Installation in reverse order, of course.

I don't know why those pins seem to be so badly seized. It's weird.

Richard