DOOR LOCKS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recetnyl bought a 99 suburban with with LT package so power everything. When I bought it all the locks worked perfect but it had no remote. They guy gave me a remote he bought off ebay but never bothered programming. I went to program it using the jump method with the 4 and 8 ports of the OBD plug. It programmed fine but now only the driver door locks and unlocks with the remote or the button on the doors. What could I have done to make them not work and how can I reverse it lol. I checked fuses and those all look good. Any advice?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I recetnyl bought a 99 suburban with with LT package so power everything. When I bought it all the locks worked perfect but it had no remote. They guy gave me a remote he bought off ebay but never bothered programming. I went to program it using the jump method with the 4 and 8 ports of the OBD plug. It programmed fine but now only the driver door locks and unlocks with the remote or the button on the doors. What could I have done to make them not work and how can I reverse it lol. I checked fuses and those all look good. Any advice?

Did you try pressing the button twice? It's been a long time since I had the factory keyless systems operational in either of my '97s, but I seem to remember that a single press of the unlock button on the remote would only operate the driver's door lock.

EDIT - Never mind, just realized you said that they don't work with the door buttons either. Sorry!

Last edited:

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd check connectivity with the passenger side actuator. When it programs it cycles twice IIRC, could've been enough to jostle a loose connection. Check the harness, those contacts in the door are quite temperamental.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok I will check those but would it affect the rear doors and the trunk as well? nothing except the driver door works now.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok I will check those but would it affect the rear doors and the trunk as well? nothing except the driver door works now.
I'm just used to working on my truck, didn't think about the fact that you're working with a suburban here.

According to this diagram s260 and s258 are the points where all 4 non working parts are connected, I'd take a look at those connectors. Full disclosure, I don't know where those are, but I would imagine they're located under the dash near the convenience panel. Somebody with access to the repair manual should be able to point you in the exact direction for those, possibly another point of failure too.

Before you try that, are you able to answer the questions below?

Have you tried any other lock/ unlock switches on any other doors?

Do the locks not even budge on any of the other doors, or are they trying, but not fully engaging or disengaging?

https://images.app.goo.gl/qHFFkb873Yvjn4gr7

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm just used to working on my truck, didn't think about the fact that you're working with a suburban here.

According to this diagram s260 and s258 are the points where all 4 non working parts are connected, I'd take a look at those connectors. Full disclosure, I don't know where those are, but I would imagine they're located under the dash near the convenience panel. Somebody with access to the repair manual should be able to point you in the exact direction for those, possibly another point of failure too.

Before you try that, are you able to answer the questions below?

Have you tried any other lock/ unlock switches on any other doors?

Do the locks not even budge on any of the other doors, or are they trying, but not fully engaging or disengaging?

https://images.app.goo.gl/qHFFkb873Yvjn4gr7

I tried using the button on the passenger door and it still only locks the driver door. the other locks don't even try to move its like whatever feeds them is dead. Thanks for the diagram I will try locating those points.