Door Handle and Door Pin Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just read through this thread. Having a lot of experience with these doors from over 40 years in the auto body business and 10 years with a contract servicing town public works trucks. I second the using a bolt and socket to press in the bushings ,do not beat them in. If doing them by yourself as I do now I have found an office chair in the lowest position just fits under these doors and will support the weight and allow it to roll around. I also tie a rope from an overhead beam to the door top. When assembling I grease the pins but for maintainence lubing I use chain saw bar oil in a pump can oiler as it runs down into the pins yet sticks to the parts rather than run off. once assembled it is almost impossible to get grease into where it is needed.

You must be registered for see images attach

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello Folks,

Going through this thread I've seen a few references to Dorman, LMC, and GM units. I'm highly confident that the Dorman and GM units are different but are the LMC bushings any better than the Dormans or just the same thing under a marked up box?

Thanks

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hello Folks,

Going through this thread I've seen a few references to Dorman, LMC, and GM units. I'm highly confident that the Dorman and GM units are different but are the LMC bushings any better than the Dormans or just the same thing under a marked up box?

Thanks
For practically everything that isn't an old stock GM part, LMC is just re-selling the same aftermarket stuff you would get anywhere else. No sense paying their mark-up. If you're going to get pins and bushings, get 'em from GM. You can pay less by scoring them from an online seller, just be careful who you pick because they might not be too honest about the source.

Richard

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A quick check through GMPartsDirect.com didn't turn up a bushing and pin set. Do you have a part number?

Thanks

Last edited:

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got 4 OEM and 2 aftermarket pins off of eBay for $17. Bushings and strikers I got from GMPartDirect. Shipping was as always ridiculous but overall still slightly cheaper than other GM parts sites or Amazon. $45.75 for 8 bushings and 2 strikers with shipping.