Door Gap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94cheyerado

Reaction score
On my 94 z71 ext cab i have a gap between the top of the door and the cab. Ive replaced the door pins and weather stripping and there is still a decent size gab. The body lines line up wint the fender and rear of the cab but the door is pushed out away from the cab and goes down along side the windshield. I need some help with this ive been looking and talking to mechanics for a good minute now trying to find a fix. Thanks!

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are no adjustments on these doors. The only thing you can do, is to bend the metal. My doors were sagging. I used a floor jack putting a 2x6 under the bottom of the door, and jacking it up until, when I let the jack lower, the door was in line with the body lines, before it hit the strike bar that it latches on. Also to pull in the window frame part of the door, you have to roll the window down, and pull the frame in while holding the door out with you knee. When my door was sagging, I use to deal with a body shop for my state inspection. I ask them how they do the adjustments, and that is what they told me, so that is what I did on mine.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kenny is right on bending to fit. If your body lines at the rear line up with the rear panel height is right. To check if a door is sealing at the top open the window and hold a dollar bill between the door and rubber seal,close the door. If you can move the bill back and forth it is not sealing. when pulling on the bill you should feel a slight drag. As Kenny said to move the top of the door in you open window and door put knee at the bottom of the window opening and pull in on top. Start gently and increase pressure as needed.