Door bushings and pins. Do the pins wear or reuse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90 K2500

Reaction score
Driver side door needs this done. Not bad for now. Just wanting to confirm if the pins wear or mostly the bushings . Also located some made in USA by Total Automotive on eBay and their website.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Replace pins and bushings, no reason to do half the job when you've got to pull the pins anyways to put the bushings in.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They should be sold as a kit. The real issue is you replace both, that way the pin and bushing are a matched set. Just because 8t looks the same, and you don't see any wear, doesn't mean that the old pins are the same OD as your OE pins are.

Amsterdamned96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to necro a dead thread, but I'm doing a frame-off and seeing as there's hardly any sag I wonder if I could reinstall the old pins after removing them to take the doors off as it's the only way I can get lift the cab off? Any and all input will be appreciated.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The truth about shafts and bushings. Yes the bushings are softer and because of that they get impregnated with dirt turning the bushing into an abrasive sleeve. That is what wears out the steel shaft that the bushing is riding on or rotating within.

So yes,always replace the pins.