Door Alignment and Wind Noise on my 88 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can try that but the door closes so easy where it's at. The driver's door is a little harder to close, maybe because it's sealing on the weather stripping more that the right side door?
A little bit of tweak at the top hinge is a lot at the back edge of the door. An old bodyman trick is to roll a small towel or t-shirt up tightly and place it up against the top hinge in the jamb where it keeps the door from fully closing. Then gently rock the door against it a few times, pull the towel and check. mybe go a little harder if not enough. Go slowly and cautiously. If it sends the door back it will send the top down.

Sometimes giving the door a good downwards yank at the rear edge is enough to move it depending on what you weight classification is. I'm a smallish guy but I have a friend in the bodyshop we call the Carolina Twister lol.

Almost always you'll have to go back and readjust the striker.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes giving the door a good downwards yank at the rear edge is enough to move it depending on what you weight classification is. I'm a smallish guy but I have a friend in the bodyshop we call the Carolina Twister lol.
I just went out and hung my 250LBS of (cough cough) solid muscle on the door and it didn't move, ha ha. I'll look into putting a wedge in the hinge and try that, thanks. BTW, did I ever tell you I hate bodywork?

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just went out and hung my 250LBS of (cough cough) solid muscle on the door and it didn't move, ha ha. I'll look into putting a wedge in the hinge and try that, thanks. BTW, did I ever tell you I hate bodywork?
lmao, I still like doing it and painting but the old bones are telling me differently these days

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to try some other avenues suggested by using different types, or modifications to the weatherstripping, instead of tweaking on the door. I'll update when/if I get any results. For now, I'm gonna get back to painting/dying my faded interior and maybe even a color change on my bucket seats. I'm debating on starting a build thread on this and all of the other things I've done on this truck but, I don't know. Sorry for going so far off topic, thanks for everyone's help.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Peter I'm following with interest. I have essentially the same problem on my 93. the door fits fine, closes fine, but I do get a little wind noise on that side. I haven't tried sorting it yet but will be interested in what fixes yours.