Dont get me wrong. I love moonie gauges... but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But this is probably the simplest cluster full of idiot lights I've ever seen... I'm not sure I'd be comfortable driving with only idiot lights
Yeah, that one is from a base model W/T. Get one from a more optioned model like a Silverado and you'll get everything but a tachometer.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WOW... someone thought the only thing you'd have to worry about was how fast you are going and if you had fuel! LOL

Makes sense if it was the work truck model!

I bet if I could swap that cluster in my wife's van you wouldn't notice a darn thing!

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WOW... someone thought the only thing you'd have to worry about was how fast you are going and if you had fuel! LOL

Makes sense if it was the work truck model!

I bet if I could swap that cluster in my wife's van you wouldn't notice a darn thing!
I wouldnt be comfortable with that especially for work

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldnt be comfortable with that especially for work
They were cost-cutting measures I'm sure...i.e., fleet trucks. And some manager realized employees driving these poor things where not going to be monitoring things like temperature and oil pressure...

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They were cost-cutting measures I'm sure...i.e., fleet trucks. And some manager realized employees driving these poor things where not going to be monitoring things like temperature and oil pressure...
were they the only gauges available those years? I feel like that costs more to make than a base level stepper normal kind

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
were they the only gauges available those years? I feel like that costs more to make than a base level stepper normal kind
It is, but then you get the ability to more than make up for that cost by upcharging for the now "premium" or "rally cluster" that you offer. :)

As for the moonie style trucks, the uplevel cluster had the same speedometer as pictured in the same spot, but had gage pods mounted on the flanks. The typical fuel/oil/volt/temp. If a tachometer had been available with those from the factory, I'd have kept mine. The 1991.6 - 1994 trucks with their needles were similar, but as far as I know the only difference between the base cluster and uplevel cluster was the inclusion of a tachometer.