Donor truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kkamikaze93

Reaction score
Hey everyone I got a 93 c1500 I was looking to update. But now I'm going to make it a donor truck for a 79 c10 I just picked up. I'm looking for some good info on exactly what I need to pull and save from the 93. Thanks
Ps. BTW this is my first motor swap. I'll post some pics here if any interest is given this thread.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Motor, exhaust, transmission, engine harness, fuel system, emissions system. To keep the truck CARB complaint it has to have everything from the donor truck if I remember correctly.

Kkamikaze93

Reaction score
Why would you cut up a '93 in order to swap parts into a '79? The '93 is a better design.
Honestly I'm kind of over it its been nickel and dining me outta my mind and I gotta cut down on the projects. Front yard looking like a chevy dealership of beaters. Lol The 79 has the i6 and I figured I can carry on the 93s energy swapping the motor and building that.

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly I'm kind of over it its been nickel and dining me outta my mind and I gotta cut down on the projects. Front yard looking like a chevy dealership of beaters. Lol The 79 has the i6 and I figured I can carry on the 93s energy swapping the motor and building that.
LOL got a few parts truck I need to get rid of myself! Don't forget to scrap the cat if it's still on there.