Does anyone know what this is for? Resistor Rectifier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1995truck

Reaction score
I was at the pick a part today getting some small parts for my suburban. I was working on a 1997 suburban when behind the dash I found this odd looking part, it was bolted to the tube dash support in the center area. I know its some type of resistor with a large heat sink. It had a number on it 10094705, so I googled it and it came back as Resistor Rectifier. What is this used for. I have not been able to find it on the wiring diagrams. I know its not the blower motor resistor. I'm sure on of your guys know what it is.

Attachments

• CASCO RESISTOR RECTIFIER 10094705.jpg
    CASCO RESISTOR RECTIFIER 10094705.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 19

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ X2. DRL diode/resistor.

1995truck

Reaction score
I was at the pick a part today getting some small parts for my suburban. I was working on a 1997 suburban when behind the dash I found this odd looking part, it was bolted to the tube dash support in the center area. I know its some type of resistor with a large heat sink. It had a number on it 10094705, so I googled it and it came back as Resistor Rectifier. What is this used for. I have not been able to find it on the wiring diagrams. I know its not the blower motor resistor. I'm sure on of your guys know what it is.
Oh that's why I don't have one on my 1995 suburban. Thanks
What year did they start using DRL? I need to find a schematic to understand why/how this is used.

1995truck

Reaction score
I went back to my 1995 manual and there is a section on DRL, but my Suburban does not have them.
This also explained what the other unknown part that I found was for - the small pcb in a plastic housing also under the dash. I believe it is the module for DRL- see pictures...
But on my 1995 schematic I could not find the resistor rectifier only the relay and pcb module.
I do see two external diodes in the 1995 DRL schematic, location unknown, maybe they are within the wire harness. But I think those are just blocking diodes. Does anyone know why they added the large heatsink resistor/diode part?

Attachments

• What is it2.jpg
    What is it2.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 10
  • What is it 2021-11-27 083108.jpg
    What is it 2021-11-27 083108.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 10