Do you have to MASH your keyless entry remote buttons? READ THIS and fix them for good!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Clickbait aside, If you're getting tired of your remote needing you to absolutely MASH the buttons in order to unlock/lock your truck (even after cleaning the traces, the carbon builds back up quickly), then this is a great solution for you (well, I guess besides tracking down another remote that will inevitably wear out it's carbon pad as well!)

Get on Amazon and get this.

They're new carbon patches that simply go over the PCB contact pads to be the new carbon pad for the buttons.

They're installed just so (Be sure to scrub the absolute bejebus out of the PCB and between the button traces so they'll stick and make a clear signal for the IC).

I can nearly drop a feather on my buttons and cycle the locks now.

Those sticky pads are also great for old Nintendo controllers for fixing the aged buttons, TV remotes, etc...

Attachments

• 20230206_181454.jpg
    20230206_181454.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230206_184559.jpg
    20230206_184559.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely going to check this out; my old OG fob was always a little finicky; I got a factory style fob from Boost Auto Parts and never had a lick of trouble,

Attachments

• PXL_20230207_002849278.jpg
    PXL_20230207_002849278.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 6

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Link doesn’t work for me.
Fixed
Definitely going to check this out; my old OG fob was always a little finicky; I got a factory style fob from Boost Auto Parts and never had a lick of trouble,
Yes, I like the "OG" remote for these trucks. It already comes with 4 inputs. I'd really like to utilize them later also (auto-down Windows). The remote receiver in the truck and suburban is the same, so theoretically you can connect the output of the receiver for the rear door popper to trigger a delay-off relay that will pulse the window motors to roll down either with a timer or auto-up/down aftermarket boxes in the doors