Do we even call this a build thread?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had to cut down mine (metric threads) and weld a 1/4 - 20 bolt end to fit my Edelbrock air filter top nut.

You must be registered for see images attach
it appears a filter 1” taller will do it. And since I bought a 1” TBI spacer I shouldn’t even need to modify my cable bracket. But it is snowing today... in April... Infreaking Texas... so im vaulted as I’m working outside

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So apparently it’s new parts day. EGR block off plate for intake, 1” TBI spacer, and new 3 core radiator arrived today. Radiator was missing the pair of electric fans and the shroud it was supposed to have with it though...

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And since I bought a 1” TBI spacer I shouldn’t even need to modify my cable bracket
You may have to give your fuel lines some slack by loosening the clamp on the trans and pulling them forward a little. You can reach the clamp from underneath on the driver's side.

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You may have to give your fuel lines some slack by loosening the clamp on the trans and pulling them forward a little. You can reach the clamp from underneath on the driver's side.
Motor is on its way out so no need to reach for anything quite yet. But it came with 1” extensions, of which I’ll end up using the one for the return line, and an adaptor on the feed that’ll allow me to run a gauge

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, weather finally broke and you can’t even tell it snowed. Got my silver FPR spring installed and probably going to get working on the distributor tonight. My Lunati cam kit is back ordered, but the rest of my engine rebuild stuffs (save new head/rod/main cap bolts) are in. So it looks like it may be fixing to be time to get down to brass tacks and get her done

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So just got off the phone with Lunati. My cam should ship this week. Ought to have it next week some time. Guess I need to get back on it and get the fuel pump changed and the rest of the engine out

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And here is our rebuild candidate. It’s an 89 4.3 V6 with a blown head gasket. The advantage to this motor vs the one I have is this one didn’t lose oil pressure, and only has about 95k on it so the bearing journals *should* be better than the motor in the truck. Also attached is a rather crappy picture of the cam cars from the new Lunati sitting in my kitchen that arrived Friday.

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know what size the bellhousing bolts are so I can go grab some so I can bolt this damn thing to the stand?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really. I have coffee cans of hardware. I just dump it out and grab bolts until I have enough that fit. I don't even have them segregated between standard and metric.

Take a bolt out of the truck and take it to the store with you. Get grade 8 bolts and grade 8 washers.