Do we even call this a build thread?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So as I came upon my 88 plain Jane single cab long bed GMC, and consequently blew the motor, I decided to start an ongoing build thread as I have a few mods in mind for the truck. I didn’t get any before pics but here she is as she sits today. In the process of putting in a stereo, and adding a set of 2” drop shackles to the back. Before all is said and done she’s going to get a new to me 4.3 wit less than 60k on it (although it sat outside for awhile so regasket and a few other things to include some performance mods), while I build a turbo motor for it. As well as eventually an F body T56 trans, and maybe some other stuff along the way.

You must be registered for see images attach

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More pics

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some of these may be duplicates. Tomorrow I hope to get the shackles on and stereo the rest of the way in

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Good grief, I didn't know GMT400's came with instrument clusters that spartan.......
Well it IS a work truck LOL, we forget what trucks looked like before they all turned into big luxury cars. I saw a genuine barn find 67 Chevy farm pickup, only option was a 350, at a car show couple years ago; so much room under the hood and the engine is so accessible! I kinda want a W/T myself, see a few of them around Houston, still getting it done!

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No AC or stereo from the factory either. Has a pocket in the dash like what you get when you buy an adaptor kit and a pocket in the dash where the AC vents would be. BTW if anybody has a set floating around I’m hunting a set of AC vents and speaker grilles, and a fuse box cover panel in maroon

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little teaser of what’s coming today. Rusty shackle is obviously stock. Measures 4 1/2” hole to hole. New pretty black ones are the drop shackles. About 7 1/2” hole to hole. Forgot to measure fender gap before but as it sits now I have about 4 1/2” in front and 5 1/2” in the back. So about an inch of take which is what I wanted. She is t gonna get dropped anymore. I still want to be able Toruń a decent sized tire, I just didn’t want the bed to hold as much water in the front as it does.

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
88-90 had those, and some models to 91. Had a couple like that, get used to em lol. Good solid truck to start with!!!
Aside from me trashing the motor and the dent in the side, and needing both sets of door bushings replaced it sure is.