Do i need a tune??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996 k2500

Reaction score
So I have a 1996 k2500 4x4 with a 350 vortec and I had a bad exhaust leak so I went and got a new exhaust true duals no cats with 40 series flowmasters and they striped my manifolds so I out long tube hooker headers on it so I had to delete my erg cut the pipe and unplugged it for now till the block off kit comes in and also going to get rid of my o2 sensors possibly or splice longer wires to hook then back up the truck is sluggish from a take off and crusing I'm assuming the eger has the most to do with my problem I've called local gm tuner guys they tell .e them truck can no really be custom tuned I called black bore tuning and talked with them very unintelligent rep I talked to coukd not awnser any questions just kept saying what the web sight said all I was asking was do I need a tune If so which one for the the work I had done does there tune tune out the egr and the increase flow of the long tune headers and exhaust could not give any awnser so any advice will help some say no tune some say you do all I know it's off the line and going up hill its really sluggish

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome. The answer you will overwhelming receive on here is yes. If you have a dyno shop near you, they should be able to do it easily enough. Definitely need an 02 sensor!!!!! There is no way for the "computer" to tell what's going on.

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I just learned something!