Distributor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's been established HPTuners can but I'll check that tomorrow morning to be sure.

What is the year of the truck. HP Tuners doesn't do much older than a 2000 model year. There are some but it's kind of spotty what it covers.
I can confirm that HPTuners reads the PID on the 98 "Blackbox" ECM and reports a value (though with out the truck running or even a cap and coil it reports 0.0º vs. a blank for an unsupported parameter.
That Delphi looks like it's got an aluminum body..... oem wasn't aluminum, and Delphi isn't exactly the old Delphi. After the backruptcy and closing many plants, they split into two companies, Aptiv and Delphi Technologies, which has now been purchased by Borg Warner. Given that its not identical to the original, I'd guess it's not a lot different than the typical aftermarket distributor. If I were going to spend the money, I'd go for the US made billet distributor through ebay.
I'm suspicious of the eBay billet unit as there's no explicit feedback and I don't want this crapping out on me when I'm moving cross country this summer with the whole family, luggage, and two cats in the middle nowhere. Does anyone have any direct experience with this unit?

Thanks

Rojo

Reaction score
What would make a distributor gear wear down
Loose hold down bolt would cause that letting it wobble back and forth when put under heavy load or racing. There is play between the distributor and intake. I would say almost a 1/16 if that. But that is enough to eat it up