Disc brake upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree that, from an engineering perspective, this type of rear disc brake conversion is lacking. But, there are tons of this type of kit out there on a wide assortment of both street driven vehicles and race vehicles. Has anyone ever seen one break the slide pins? I haven't.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've driven cars with no back brakes at all and I'm still here.
Been there too. Driving my newly acquired 55 New Yorker 331 Hemi back in 1980 with zero brakes, I would click it into reverse, tires would chirp, and click back into drive and slow the vehicle. It didn’t even stall doing this idling downhill. Yes, I know it was stupid but fortunately no one was hurt.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes! I couldn't remember who it was that created that thread. @Wildblue19 !

Can you please post your link here? Those huge rotors are from the 2014-2019 1500 trucks, right?

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I think the Lug Nut ones are from an Express DRW. And the Calipers are D52 w/o parking brake and 77 Eldorado/Toronado D52ish with a parking brake built in.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You seem more than a little invested in getting me to complain to LSoH on your behalf. Three posts on that, alone.

[UPDATE:] FOUR posts on that alone.[/UPDATE]

YOU are the one that got "had" by piss-poor engineering. YOU contact 'em.

Awww, hell. Fine, I'll do it for you. Advocacy is one of the many services I offer.

Sent to:
[email protected]
Keep us updated if they respond back. Probably wont or itll be some automated crap email

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good now he can see what an rambling opinionated idiot you are.
Please stick to debating facts and skip the name calling and "you email them" dares. It diminishes your reputation more than his. Yes, Schurkey can be infuriatingly opinionated, but speak your mind, let him speak his, and then feel free to remain in disagreement.