Dick Cepek factory installed lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
I'm looking at possibly purchasing a 1995 K2500LD that the owner was told that GM did 150 of these Dick Cepek lifts. I haven't found anything on the factory doing this mod for there production trucks. This is the first time I'm hearing this. The only factory off road package they did was the Z71 off road package. Any of you know anything about this or was the owner of this truck had smoke blowed up his..... When I asked specific questions about the truck he only know that it had a NV4500 and a 350 with this lift.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gm never installed lift kits from the factory. It's more likely a dealer installed lift. I live in CO for a bit in 02, local Chevy dealer had a bunch of lifted trucks. Not sure if they were Rocky Ridge, but it's the same deal as your truck. But DC are good lifts.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dealer installed option. I remember back when lift kits became popular. GM was huge in the sales game. Seemed like you couldn’t buy a non lifted truck with DC tires and Pro Comp lifts.
My buddy bought one back in 1993/94. Paid 40 something. That’s not much in today’s dollars but back then it was a pretty big number.

GM never had lifted trucks from the factory. Any lifted truck bought on a dealer lot was a dealer installed option