Diamond eye exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also just so you know 4 inch is a lot bigger then you think when you get it installed. On my 6.5 I am not able to to put a spare in the factory place due to my tire size and pipe size. I don't know if its just my truck or not.
It’s not really a big concern to me I actually have my spare out not I forgot all about it lol. I know four inches is pretty big but i think the diesel style exhaust looks 100x better than little gasser exhaust.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There not the best pictures. I was getting eaten alive by mosquitoes laying in my driveway.

You must be registered for see images attach

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also I don't know how well you would be able to run 2 pipes over the axle. I'm assuming you have the 14 bolt ff I don't know if there would be enough room to run 2 that size over the same side of the axle.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There not the best pictures. I was getting eaten alive by mosquitoes laying in my driveway.

Thank you they are good enough lol. I have the 14b sf, but i am wanting to swap in a full floater in the future. How do you think i could even do the driver side? Should i buy the diamond eye kit for the passenger side, then get some 4” pipe from a parts store or something and do the driver side?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry should’ve been more specific, does it just have a y pipe going into the tailpipe? If so do you have a picture of it? Would just the 4” tail pipe be too much for the 5.7l or would it be fine?

Oh, I just have the tailpipe. The exhaust itself is just a single pipe all the way, you'd need to add the y yourself. But I'm guessing someone already pointed that out in all the posts I didn't read before replying. My spare fits fine. My tailpipe did not include hangers, had to nab those separately. I jammed it all in the truck, tacked it, dropped it, and welded the whole mess before reinstalling. These are the only pictures that I have. I still need to get the hanger red with a torch and bend it into the pipe to lay a thicker bead, it must be hanging on for dear life right now.

You can see here that my y pipe is the muffler itself.

Last edited:

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, I just have the tailpipe. The exhaust itself is just a single pipe all the way, you'd need to add the y yourself. But I'm guessing someone already pointed that out in all the posts I didn't read before replying.
Yeah I already got all of that figured out lol, what would be a good way to go about doing dual 4” tail pipes from mufflers back? I figured i could get the kit for the pass side but how could i do the drivers side?

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm that is a good question. I guess alot of of it depends on what you budget is. I know the DE kit I bought was about 300 bucks with no muffler. You would have a extra pipe that you wouldn't use and is smaller then the rest of the kit. The pipe you wouldn't use is the down pipe off the turbo it is only 3 in. what ive seen on trucks with dual exits is they come over the axle on the same side then follow the axle over and then dump to the side.

You said you already have duals back to around the end of your cab right? You could in theory buy 2 kits so you would have everything to get you to the axle and over. I know the kits are sort of universal for these trucks. They fit standard cab long boxes to CC long boxes. You just have to cut one of them depending on your truck style. So with that you might be able to salvage enough from the two and splice it together to get enough pipe to get you to the other side. And then I don't know if you would have the correct bends in the pipe to get it in the right place. And then there is the adaptors to get you from what size you pipe is now to 4in. I dont know if there is a direct from what you have to 4in. I would imagine that you would have to have several to get you there. In the long run it might be more cost effective to have a exhaust shop bend all the pipe you would need and install it.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My above post is just a quick thought on how I think it would work and I hope it makes sense. Its late and im ready for some sleep lol.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm that is a good question. I guess alot of of it depends on what you budget is. I know the DE kit I bought was about 300 bucks with no muffler. You would have a extra pipe that you wouldn't use and is smaller then the rest of the kit. The pipe you wouldn't use is the down pipe off the turbo it is only 3 in. what ive seen on trucks with dual exits is they come over the axle on the same side then follow the axle over and then dump to the side.

You said you already have duals back to around the end of your cab right? You could in theory buy 2 kits so you would have everything to get you to the axle and over. I know the kits are sort of universal for these trucks. They fit standard cab long boxes to CC long boxes. You just have to cut one of them depending on your truck style. So with that you might be able to salvage enough from the two and splice it together to get enough pipe to get you to the other side. And then I don't know if you would have the correct bends in the pipe to get it in the right place. And then there is the adaptors to get you from what size you pipe is now to 4in. I dont know if there is a direct from what you have to 4in. I would imagine that you would have to have several to get you there. In the long run it might be more cost effective to have a exhaust shop bend all the pipe you would need and install it.
Yeah i was thinking about buying two kits but that would be pretty expensive but what’s ever cheap. That also makes me think, would the 4” pipes even fit right beside each other like my 2.5” exhaust is because it’s a lot bigger. Getting a shop to do all of the pipe might be the easiest way to go about it.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My above post is just a quick thought on how I think it would work and I hope it makes sense. Its late and im ready for some sleep lol.
Yes it makes perfect sense and brought a lot of thoughts come to mind. It may cost a lot in the end but i think it would look pretty sick!