Detent cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's too short, it doesn't fit.

If it's too long, it doesn't fit properly.

I'd expect a lot more than two lengths. Knowing GM, there's probably fifteen, with six of them discontinued.

If it was Ford, there'd be thirty-five, with all of them disco'd. Maybe the aftermarket would repro three or four.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Detent cable... assuming 700R4
V6 and V8 engines mount the TBI at different distances from the tranny, and for routing the cable around the distributor

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I see what op is talking about. Not knowing year and model I went to N APAs site and put in a 90 k2500 5.7 and sure as **** it shows two different tv cables and claims they both fit
Obviously wrong one is a 44 inch and one's 48.
I would try searching by vin number and see if it drops one of them
A lot of times this happens because of mid production changes that only show up in technical service bulletins so jot down your production date in case you gotta start calling ever body on earth.
Mines a 94 which was a kinda oddball transitional year so I have to spend a lot of beer drinking time reading TSBs