Defrost is on all the time not sure why.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
throw rolled up towels on the defrost vents like somebody already said.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would that be the switch your talking about?

No. The little servo in the side of the box that moves the door. You can see it if you open the driver's door and squat down and look at the black box under the dash. You'll see a little servo on the side of it with a connector going to it.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
No. The little servo in the side of the box that moves the door. You can see it if you open the driver's door and squat down and look at the black box under the dash. You'll see a little servo on the side of it with a connector going to it.
Oka well hopefully that's the problem

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This guy replaces the mode door actuator..... Driver's side of HVAC box. .... That sounds like your issue. Read his description. & comments. He says it's not too hard to do the mode door..... The recirc door he says is much harder.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

studigggs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had the same symptom. You can try unplugging and reconnecting the servo by the gas pedal on the airbox. tapping on it would also get mine to move in the interim until I replaced it.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
Had the same symptom. You can try unplugging and reconnecting the servo by the gas pedal on the airbox. tapping on it would also get mine to move in the interim until I replaced it.
I'll have to do some dyanosing this weekend unless someone want to buy the truck off me she's for sale as of last night.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
So it's hard to see but did some looking and there's a rod that's disconnected and it's unhooked from something inside the air/heat system. I decided that I'll pull thee dash this winter rebyreb the entire system with all new AC Delco parts. Also probley redie my dash to freshen things up as well as take the seats and carpet out and do a full shampoo job and out my overhead console in I bought.

You must be registered for see images attach

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, the linkage is missing. You can probably reseat the damper without pulling the dash and get a new linkage for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk