Death Wheel Strikes Again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But we need a survey of how many Nissan owners have drug those cars home behind a Chevy truck..
Careful what you ask for. When I was in college for my associates in Nissan repair, one of the guys in class blew the transmission in his 1968 C10 on the way to school. My instructor tossed me the keys to his 4 cylinder automatic Nissan hardbody pickup. "Go tow him in." That little truck had no problem towing the Chevy.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think my tinnitus actually came from ear infections, left ear is certainly worse than the right. Loud music certainly hasn't helped though. Can't remember the last concert I attended without hearing protection, so my issues have to be self inflicted. Hard to turn it down at home when it doesn't hurt or sound funny to listen to it loud like it does at a concert or anywhere else. Only indication I get is that my ears ring like hell after a jam session. Oops. Haven't had one in a while though and am losing interest in hi-fi as a result of not wanting further damage. Yet that is rough because I love music. Trying to learn to listen at lower volumes. Yep, you certainly can pick out more detail and all that, but I love to feel that kick drum in my chest. It's always something.
It just might be from ear infections.
Years ago I went to the doctor in Arizona for whatever dumb thing I had done that day and stuck that ear scope thing in my head and looked through.
I jokeingly said " what do you see in there Doc?
He said well you grew up in the Pacific Northwest probably in the Seattle area and youve had ear infections due to exposure and pnuemonia at least once.
I was floored. How the hell did he know that?
It was from the scars in my ears.
And my accent was not quite canadian but close.
And deffinitly not Boston.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Careful what you ask for. When I was in college for my associates in Nissan repair, one of the guys in class blew the transmission in his 1968 C10 on the way to school. My instructor tossed me the keys to his 4 cylinder automatic Nissan hardbody pickup. "Go tow him in." That little truck had no problem towing the Chevy.
Those 80s Nissan Hardbody trucks are really cool. You just cant find them anymore.
I had an 86 Maxima that was an awesome car.
The 90s Maximas and Sentras run forever.
Nissan just fell apart in the late 90s and 2003 is the dead stop limit.
04 is the first year of the CVT transmission and they are horrible.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted a Nissan 720 so bad when I was in high school. Them and Suzuki samurais were definitely the "it" truck in southern California in the 80's.
I've never owned a Nissan. Owned multiple Honda's, Toyota's, and Mazda's.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dhamn. That's why lock out tag out is a thing. But safety measures always seem to be reactionary- like nobody does anything preemptively and anyone who tries is dismissed or laughed at. Then someone gets injured or worse and all of a sudden it's a crisis..
Yessir. That is exacty it.
Idiot managers and foreman and supervisors pushing the schedule view lockout/tagout and safe zones and rollcall and all of the other basics as a pain in the ass that slows down the schedule.
You know what will really slow down the schedule?
Having someone seriously injured or killed on the job.
That will bring it all to a stop
And you never ever want to have to call someone and tell them that their husband or wife or daughter or son is dead because you sold your friggen soul to the company.
Construction Management is all about risk management.
Your job is to keep the company out of danger.
And if you dont understand that the very basis for your company is the people who make it all happen.
You need to get right the **** out of this industry.
Do not ever work for anybody who shortcuts safety.
And keep in mind, some of us old fart CM guys likely started out as pumpkins out pushing a broom.
We learned our trade and stuck around.
Not that we are a bunch of gems but weve actually done the work.
These days you can get a degree in construction management and have viewed a jobsite from the parking lot.
Its more like a field trip from school.
They dont learn how to build anything.
They learn how to push the schedule and pass the liabilty on down the food chain.
And it aint none of bit not a bit of in any way worth your life or your health or your families future.
None of it.
You can have a great future in this business.
It is an amazingly fun and rewarding industry.
We get to play with really big toys.
But you need rock solid beliefs.
Personal lines you never cross.
No matter how much money or company credit cards or new trucks or trips to the islands or whatever they chuck at you.
Ive built some ****. A few things.
And Ive been on several jobs were people died.
But the only person who has ever been hurt on one my jobs is me.
Because Im just a clumsy person.
I can walk high steel. I just cant make it across the damn parking without tripping over my own feet.
In this business, always keep your bags packed and never break your middle finger.
And dont be afraid to use them both.