Dean's Diesel Off Road Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e30dean

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce my new truck and the plans that I have for it. There are alot of firsts with this truck for me. My first diesel, first Chevy and first full size truck. My last 2 off road builds were a 95 Isuzu Trooper and a 2014 Nissan Frontier. The frontier really struggled with providing the towing that I needed so that is why I bought this 98 K2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel. Its an extended cab and long bed which makes it less ideal for break over angle but I plan to improve that. It has only 86K miles, manual transmission and its a Cheyenne model so its very basic.

My hopes are to get it get it ready for some light-moderate off road trails and to be used as a family camping, fishing and shooting truck. I started off with doing a 10 hour interior detail on it because it was used on a farm for 21 years so it had layers upon layers of mud and a funky smell. I've also already started the next step which is sanding it down to prepare it for a full bed lining instead of a traditional paint job. I bought the UPOL Raptor Liner kit which I plan to tint to the factory color. Then for the flares, lower section and bumpers, I was going to use a black color bed liner.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

e30dean

Reaction score
Here are some of the interior before and after. Hard to explain the smell that was inside.

XJPhoenix

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good solid truck to start with, and not having the extras just means there's less to go wrong!

:)

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are some of the interior before and after. Hard to explain the smell that was inside.

I've always referred to that particular scent as "ass and cat food".

e30dean

Reaction score
I've always referred to that particular scent as "ass and cat food".

Thanks everyone. There was definitely lots of ass smell in there. Along with the smell of aged food tossed around everywhere.

I got my raptor liner kit yesterday and the truck is almost all prepped to be painted.

rags77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That truck is perfect..interior color and all even has a sliding rear window.glad to se another diesel...I’m in the process of db2 swapping.

rags77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That truck is perfect..interior color and all even has a sliding rear window.glad to se another diesel...I’m in the process of db2 swapping.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Wow, really nice job on the interior, looks brand new!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. There was definitely lots of ass smell in there. Along with the smell of aged food tossed around everywhere.

I got my raptor liner kit yesterday and the truck is almost all prepped to be painted.

Look forward on seeing this build.