Deadbeats 1997 Centurion Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
where would i find the interior Denali Panels for the rear doors??? I didn't think there was a 4 door version of Denali in GMT400?

Kind of a pain in the rear, but I removed the section around the door handle on the denali ones, and then removed it on my rear crew ones, then glued them onto mine.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Finally got around to putting hydro boost on the truck, seems good but I air in the lines, a lot of air. Put new backing plates, shoes, wheel cylinders, turned the drums, a used non leaking steering gear, new power steering pump, and a cv joint. Hope to get it out of the garage today to try out the new brakes.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Got it running, not sure I like the hydro boost. At idle with the brake pushed in, the pump hums and on hard braking it hums.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I also think the used unit I bought may have had the wrong master cylinder on it. The line towards the front of the truck has a smaller nut than the one towards the cab. All the pictures I see of everyone the conversion looks like the large nut is on the large line, towards the front of the truck like it was with my factory vaccum assist master cylinder. And all the new master cylinders I look at have a large hole for the larger line, and this one does not.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I finally found the master cylinder that I bought to get the hydroboost unit. Of course I am lucky enough to get one from a dually that had rear disk, that is why the holes are the same size and the nuts are not the expected size. What a bummer, now I gotta spend 120 bucks and try to get this fixed so I can drive it to Wisconsin this Friday. That also might explain why the brakes are better, but not what everyone else experienced. My rears are not getting the fluid that is needed.